This is assigned in December and is due when we get back from Christmas break. In preparation for Career Day students are to think about what college they want to go to to support their chosen career. They need to create a pamphlet for their chosen college, as well as a pendant that represents their college. Here are some links to help with this project:
- Download Rubric: college-pamphlet-pennant-rubric-for-website
- Print this example double sided to make sense: pamphlet-example
Career Day Essay
Students are to write a three paragraph essay that talks about their career. This is to get them ready for their Career Day Presentation during Catholic Schools Week. The three paragraphs are as follows:
- Introduce yourself and your background (this is the you in the future so you need to talk as if you are an adult). Include your education, family, and where you live.
- Describe your success path. What was your journey like to become successful at your chosen profession? What obstacles did you face? How did you overcome these obstacles? Do not forget to mention God, not only here in this paragraph but throughout your paper.
- Talk about your career. What do you do? What does your typical day look like? What made you choose this profession?
Career Day Presenstation
Career Day is in January. Students are required to dress up as their chosen career and then give a presentation to different assigned classrooms on that day.