We will be learning new styles of note-taking to help us understand our text books better. This new style of notes will help prepare us for both high school and college. Follow the links below to discover new ways to take notes.
- What is 10/24/7 a concise overview: http://www.alvinisd.net/cms/lib03/TX01001897/Centricity/Domain/2193/10-24-7%20Strategies.pdf
- A brief description on how to take notes that enhance the Cornel note-taking skills 10/24/7 style: http://www.alvinisd.net/cms/lib03/TX01001897/Centricity/Domain/2122/Cornell%20Note-Taking%20Rubric%20with%2010-24-7.pdf
- An outline of what the notes look like and a step-by-step guide on how to execute them properly: http://peakacademics.org/PeakBlog/can-you-improve-your-study-time-and-skills.html
- Mr. Hixson’s video on Cornell Notes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iolZMTGUpw
- Mind mapping is also an important way to take notes. This is similar to how we’ve been taking notes in Social Studies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4yzG65r6Ko